Hey guys! So how about those Adele Awards last night? Oh wait I’m sorry. The Grammy Awards. Yes Adele cleaned up pretty good last night, and Foo Fighters did pretty well too. I was really happy for Bon Iver for winning Best New Artist. He deserves it. I wish Mumford and Sons won something but at least they were nominated. Here were a few of my favorite parts:
- Anything involving Paul McCartney<3
- Rihanna and Coldplay! I LOVED that.
- Everyone was looking at Rihanna in her Armani dress (and she looked good don’t get me wrong.) but I was looking at Corinne Bailey Rae. I’ve seen pictures of her but I never realized how stunning she was.
- Drake in a tux…
- The Beach Boys part was awesome. Mark Foster (Foster the People) looked kinda nervous but I could tell he was having fun by the end.
- I like how they paid tribute to Whitney Houston. I couldn’t have thought of a better person to sing that song than Jennifer Hudson.
- Adam Levine looked pretty hot too.
- I was watching some of the pre-Grammy thing with a boy I babysit and his mom. And when he saw Deadmau5 he was like “look mamma! It’s Mickey Mouse!” It was so cute!
- Adele’s return to the stage. And how amazing did she look?
There are some things I didn’t like so much though. Like in the slide show of people in the industry who passed away. WHY WASN’T ETTA JAMES IN THERE!? Yeah I know there was a song for her and it was great but seriously, she should have been included.
Also I wanna know what other people think of Nicki Minaj’s performance. Performances like that either leave me saying: That was the best thing I’ve ever seen, or: What the heck just happened? Nicki’s left me saying what just happened/can we just go back to Drake?. I still like her though.
All in all it was pretty awesome. I really love the Grammys. Thoughts?